Sunday, April 19, 2009

Group hike to La Muralla

The other day Claire and I led a hike to some nearby waterfalls for the group of 18 Canadian high schoolers/leaders that's here for 2 months.  Since we had never been there before, we were a bit unsure of our navigational skills, but eventually we hopped across a river and walked up the boulders to an absolutely beautiful spot where there were tall rocky walls, hanging vines, crystal clear water, and a 20 ft waterfall (didn't bring my camera up there -- darn!)...I never cease to be amazed by the beauty of this country.
Unfortunately, Claire is leaving this coming weekend to return to Louisiana (I frequently make fun of her Creole/southern heritage) so she can pursue studies in medical school, hopefully in New Orleans.  It's been great having her around for the past couple months, helping out in the clinic, trying my weird recipes, leaving the lights on, assisting in scorpion massacres, and wandering around the Honduran countryside with me...I will really miss her!

No comments: