Tuesday, October 7, 2008

St. Paul's Decatur Visit

     Last weekend my roommate, Rachel, and I were able to travel down to Decatur for a couple days to visit my home church, St. Paul's Lutheran.  This trip was planned after the last one a couple weeks ago was cut short due to some car trouble.  I had the privilege to do personal sharing at both the Saturday night and Sunday morning outreach services.  I also presented a powerpoint and shared a video put out by HHIM at two community group meetings.  Both groups were very perceptive to my personal reflections on my past experiences with missions and visiting Honduras which was evidenced through the many questions that were asked.  It was great to see my excitement spread and to see others desire to learn more and become involved.  I am very thankful for both the encouragement and also the generous financial support of St. Paul's members.  


     The trip down wasn't complete without a driving tour of the highlights of Decatur -- we especially get a kick out of the number of signs and places that have "soy" in the name.  And to end the tour we made a stop at Dell's Popcorn to get some fresh caramel apples!  Have to love Decatur in the fall!

No comments: