Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Honduran Zoo

So I was more or less successful in hiding all the small creepy crawlies from my family during their visit, but upon reviewing their photos I realized they were quite fascinated by the larger creatures of Honduras.  Here's a glimpse (not a complete list, of course) of what they saw...
   
Someone's pig next to my backyard fence...one of Sandy's turkeys...
   
The kinkachu at Jason and Sarah's (run the orphanage up the road)...
   
can't get enough of "Paco"...a macaw, the Honduran national bird...
   
Our cats, Monk and Jasmine..."Dot", our new rag-doll puppy...
   
Horses outside the fence of the clinic...cows walking through the village...

Guess it's a bit different than they're used to around here!  Beginning to feel like home for me...even felt that very strongly as I got off the bus the other day.  Must admit, I really do love it here.


No comments: