Monday, December 29, 2008

New House

Last week Heather and I moved to a house that wasn't being occupied about 250 yards from the clinic.  The Williams' new house is in between ours and the clinic, but right now just the walls are completed.  In order to make the house more safe/accommodating for group overflow, we did some minor renovating and will also paint the interior and exterior (my family might help with that when they come next week!).  
 
My favorite part about the house is the champa (thatch roof thing) which is out our back door.  Since we are close to the river, it's very peaceful out there and I love listening to the water.
 
One of our housewarming/Christmas presents -- I've always wanted a bienvenido rug!  
  
Our first winged friend in the new house -- this sucker was about the size of my hand, fingers and all.  It just hung out on our wall for 2 days and then it disappeared...wonder where its hiding.  The holes in its wings looked transparent, which I hadn't seen before.
"Swimming" in the river by our house.  Heather mistook my waving my arms in desperation and franticly clinging to a rock for a great photo op -- this is right after my crocs were stripped from my body and I dodged giant jagged boulders down the rushing river current.  Let's just say I'm not too experienced with white river crossing yet.  I think I prefer to go down in a giant inflatable raft wearing a lifejacket and a helmet.

No comments: